Monday 16 April 2012

Bluefinch Boutique Vintage Jewellery

I've always been a fan of vintage clothes and accessories, even before anyone knew it as 'vintage'.  When I was little, I loved dressing up my Mum's old clothes and jewellery from the 60s and 70s and as I got older, I often appropriated items for my own wardrobe.  Although much of the jewellery I sell in Bluefinch Boutique is vintage style, I've recently started including more and more pieces made from authentic vintage components.  I love that the tiny imperfections and marks on lots of these jewels and charms mean that every piece of jewellery made from them is truly unique.  Lots of pieces I use are from the 1950s when many manufacturing techniques weren't as precise as they are now so the differences between items from the same batch can be relatively wide. It also makes me happy to think that these jewels now have a new lease of life, often after sitting around neglected in warehouses or factories for 50 years or more.  

The vintage jewellery range is growing weekly and I am building up quite a stash of beautiful, hard-to-find treasures all just waiting to be incorporated into new designs.  These are some of my favourite pieces so far:

'Rosalie' Vintage Jewel Earrings
'Ivory Tower' Vintage Button Gold Ring

'April Showers' Vintage Gold Earrings

'Peach Blossom' Vintage Gold Necklace

'Rose Garden' Vintage Cabochon Ring


All these pieces are made in very limited quantities so when they're gone, they're gone!  I plan to start including more 'one-off' items soon and expanding on my range of upcycled products so watch this space!

Jenny
   x




No comments:

Post a Comment